[News] Free Software Compared to Nonfree Software, Why Freedom Yields Better Results

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Compared to Nonfree Software, Why Freedom Yields Better Results
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:26:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Proprietary or Open Source: The Eternal Dilemma

,----[ Quote ]
| While setting up the IT infrastructure for
| your business, one of the dilemmas you
| will run into is the classic oneâopen
| source versus licensed software. Windows
| or Linux, Microsoft Office or Open Office,
| proprietary accounting software or open
| sourceâthe dilemma may manifest in any or
| all of these as well as other forms, but
| at the core it will be about proprietary
| versus free and/or open source software
| (FOSS).
`----

http://www.businessworld.in/bw/2010_06_30_Proprietary_or_Open_Source_The_Eternal_Dilemma.html

Let the open source way take you outside your comfort zone

,----[ Quote ]
| Many contributors have found this
| investment in boundary spanning has paid
| off. My observation? When things are done
| the open source way, this kind of success
| story is common.
`----

http://opensource.com/business/10/6/let-open-source-way-take-you-outside-your-comfort-zone

Keynote Brings End-To-End Monitoring to Nagios Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
| Keynote Systemsâ Enterprise Adapter 2.0
| performance and availability alerts now
| work with Nagios open source monitoring
| software. The offering allows IT and
| operations team using Nagios to get a
| complete end-to-end view of runtime ops
| from backend infrastructure all the way to
| the desktop or mobile end user
`----

http://www.idevnews.com/stories/4293/Keynote-Brings-End-To-End-Monitoring-to-Nagios-Open-Source

Recent: