[News] Firefox Research Shows User Interaction Patterns

  • Subject: [News] Firefox Research Shows User Interaction Patterns
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:39:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Firefox Main Window Study: A Heatmap Visualization

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/6243

Firefox Main Window Study: A Heatmap Visualization

,----[ Quote ]
| We usually display study results in charts
| and graphs on this blog, but for this
| study, we were inspired by the work of
| principal designer, Alex Faaborg, and came
| up with a slightly different kind of
| visualization. Back in March, Alex created
| a heatmap to visualize the menu study data
| (his post is also a great example of how
| the UX team is using Test Pilot data to
| inform design decisions).
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/metrics/2010/07/01/firefox-main-window-study-a-heatmap-visualization/

Visualizing the Usage of Firefoxâs Main Window

,----[ Quote ]
| This study was similar to an early one
| that we ran on the traditional menu bar
| interface.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2010/07/01/visualizing-the-usage-of-firefoxs-main-window/

What is the most clicked Firefox button?

,----[ Quote ]
| The answer to that question and more has
| been addressed in a new Mozilla Firefox
| Main Window Usage Study. The study data
| was collected on an opt-in basis from
| nearly 10,000 users of the Mozilla Test
| Pilot addon which surveys Firefox usage.
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/07/what-is-the-most-clicked-firef.html

Best browser by far.

Related:

RECAP Used To Show Vacated Rulings That A Judge Wanted Gone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techdirt.com/articles/20090819/1913215936.shtml