[News] VMware (Run by Former Microsoft Executives) a Threat to Red Hat

  • Subject: [News] VMware (Run by Former Microsoft Executives) a Threat to Red Hat
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 22:02:52 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Only Microsoft and Red Hat have all the pieces to build clouds, Red Hat says

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/063010-microsoft-red-hat-cloud.html

Red Hat CEO: VMware our biggest competitor

http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/news/red-hat-ceo-vmware-our-biggest-competitor

Red Hat CEO: VMware Our Biggest Competitor

,----[ Quote ]
| However, Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst sees
| virtualization software vendor VMware as "our
| largest competitor," he said in an interview
| after his keynote at the Red Hat Summit, being
| held this week in Boston.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/199870/red_hat_ceo_vmware_our_biggest_competitor.html

VMware springs into frameworks with imminent acquisitions

,----[ Quote ]
| Reportely. VMware has been in talks to buy
| EngineYard, a provider of Ruby on Rails
| technologies and services, including Ruby
| hosting. EngineYard also provies support for
| JRuby, after chief maintainers Charles Nutter and
| Thomas Ebeno joined from the once mighty Sun
| Microsystems.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/24/vmware_frameworks_acquisitions_spring/

Exclusive: VMware in Talks to Acquire EngineYard

http://gigaom.com/2010/06/10/vmware-in-talks-to-acquire-engineyard/

Recent:

A Landmark Agreement for Linux, Virtualization and Cloud Computing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.novell.com/prblogs/?p=2636