[News] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15 With GNU/Linux; LXDE Desktop Experience

  • Subject: [News] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15 With GNU/Linux; LXDE Desktop Experience
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:07:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Review: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 15

,----[ Quote ]
| The first step was booting Ubuntu 10.04 from an
| USB hard disk to check the Linux support. Using
| Ubuntu, everything worked out of the box,
| including stuff like HDMI audio support or
| output switching. An exception may be the
| DVD drive, which only works if you set the
| SATA mode to compatibility. Non-DVD media
| also works in AHCI mode, but only if you
| start with a disc inserted in the drive.
| Playing DVDs requires setting a region code
| using setregion(8) [otherwise they do not
| work at all] and SATA compatibility mode
| [otherwise they only work partially].
`----

http://juliank.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/review-lenovo-thinkpad-edge-15/

My First LXDE Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| LXDE is desktop environtment like KDE and
| Gnome. But it's lighter than KDE and Gnome. But
| it's still need middle spec computer like
| pentium 3/4 and with Minimum Ram 128-256 MB
| Ram. LXDE is simple, but for newbie user like
| me it's still little hard. LXDE support compiz
| fusion for eyecandy your desktop. My First LXDE
| Linux distribution was PCLinuxOS 2009.1 KDE. I
| install PCLinuxOS 2009.1 then install task-
| lxde, then remove kde 3.5.10.
`----

http://cidtux.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-lxde-desktop.html

Recent:

Lenovo Skylight smartbook hands-on impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| The Skylight runs on a custom Linux kernel and
| Kang noticed that the device lagged when
| having more than 9 apps open in the
| background. Playing back YouTube wasnât smooth
| either, despite having the ability to play
| Flash, this is likely to be fixed before
| launch. The built-in 3G sim card slot is
| welcome along with the HDMI port.
`----

http://www.netbookchoice.com/2010/03/25/lenovo-skylight-smartbook-hands-on-impressions/

Lenovo Slylight Ultra-light Notebook Breaks Cover

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.i4u.com/article32292.html