[News] New Release Candidate of Linux (Kernel Space), Stable Ones Too

  • Subject: [News] New Release Candidate of Linux (Kernel Space), Stable Ones Too
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 17:34:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux 2.6.35-rc4

,----[ Quote ]
| So go out and test -rc4. It fixes a number
| of regressions, a couple of them harking
| back to from before 2.6.34. Networking, cfq,
| i915 and radeo. And filesystem writeback
| performance issues, etc. It's all good.
`----

http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/7/4/130

A flood of stable kernel releases

,----[ Quote ]
| Greg Kroah-Hartman has announced the release
| of several stable kernels: 2.6.27.48,
| 2.6.31.14, 2.6.32.16, 2.6.33.6, and
| 2.6.34.1.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/394890/

Guest Blog: Rares Aioanei â Kernel Weekly Review with openSUSE Flavor

,----[ Quote ]
| -The first news for this week is Jan Karaâs
| pull request fot linux-fs (ext2 and ext3 in
| our case) aimed at -rc4, Frederic Weisbecker
| posting his pull request for the perf tree
| and Arnaldo Carvalho de Meloâs pull request
| for perf/core targetted at 2.6.36 .
`----

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2010/07/03/guest-blog-rares-aioanei-kernel-weekly-review-with-opensuse-flavor/

SELF: Anatomy of an (alleged) failure

,----[ Quote ]
| Like most community-run events, the second
| SouthEast LinuxFest (SELF) featured the
| standard set of positive talks on Linux and
| open source. It also featured a somewhat
| more controversial talk about failures to
| get some features merged into the Linux
| kernel by Ryan "icculus" Gordon.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/392862/