[News] PCLinuxOS Continues Long Tradition of Mandrake/Mandriva (Spring Delay)

  • Subject: [News] PCLinuxOS Continues Long Tradition of Mandrake/Mandriva (Spring Delay)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:15:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

PCLinuxOS Magazine July 2010: Issue 42

,----[ Quote ]
| All Magazine Issues
|
|     * Welcome From The Chief Editor
|
|    1. KDE 4: The KDE Netbook Interface
|    2. World Population Day: July 11, 2010
|    3. Reclaim Your Background: The Widget
|    Dashboard
|    4. Xfce 4.6.2: Xfce Settings Manager,
|    Part 2
|    5. Screenshot Showcase
|    6. Double Take
|    7. Mark's Gimp Tip
|    8. ms_meme's Nook: Deep In The Heart Of
|    Linux
|    9. OpenOffice: Writer
|   10. Xfce 4.6.2: Customize Your Xfce Panels
|   11. How Teenagers View PCLinuxOS
|   12. Xfce 4.6.2: Panel Plug-ins
|   13. Alternate OS: Haiku, Part 1
|   14. Game Zone: Osmos
|   15. Create A Basic RPM Package For
|   PCLinuxOS
|   16. Create A PCLinuxOS Packaging
|   Environment In Phoenix
|   17. ms_meme's Nook: That Ol' Linux Call
|   18. Forum Foibles: ByteS From The
|   Bunkhouse
|   19. Command Line Interface Intro: Part 10
|   20. Getting Started With folding@home
|   21. Computer Languages A to Z: Netlogo
|   22. Configuring and Using Epson Stylus
|   NX415
|   23. KarlM: The Loss Of A Friend, Supporter
`----

http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201007/links.html

Debranding Firefox in PCLinuxOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm not a huge fan of third-party branding.
| One of my (minor, when put into perspective)
| gripes about PCLinuxOS is that they sorta go
| nuts with it. One of the apps that's the
| target of their branding is Firefox. If you
| are equally bugged by this, debranding the
| default profile used as the template for new
| profiles isn't that hard.
`----

http://lovingthepenguin.blogspot.com/2010/07/debranding-firefox-in-pclinuxos.html

Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring delayed

,----[ Quote ]
| Mandriva has confirmed that the next major
| release of its Linux distribution,
| originally expected to arrive on the 3rd of
| June, has once again been delayed. In early
| June, the French Linux distributor
| surprisingly issued a second release
| candidate (RC2) and postponed the release
| date for the distribution indefinitely.
| According to a post on the Cooker mailing
| list by Mandriva Director of Engineering
| Anne Nicholas, the delay was caused by
| "internal organisation and some hardware
| problems".
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mandriva-Linux-2010-Spring-delayed-1032937.html

Recent:

PCLinuxOS Gnome 2010 on ACER ASPIRE 4730ZG

,----[ Quote ]
| My friend ask to me to install linux to his
| notebook. And i install it with pclinuxos 2010 my
| custom remastered. The notebook is Acer Aspire
| 4730 ZG. This is the specification of Acer Aspire
| 4730 ZG (look at this pic).
`----

http://cidtux.blogspot.com/2010/06/pclinuxos-gnome-2010-on-acer-aspire.html

Review: PCLinuxOS 2010 Gnome â With Screenshots, Other New Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| I know I said I would review Xubuntu next,
| and keep PCLOS Gnome for the July edition
| of SaGeek MAG, but I wanted something other
| than a Gnome Distro to review for the MAG,
| and I only had the 10.04 RC available of
| Xubuntu, not the final release. Hence PCLOS
| 2010 Gnome it is for tonights review.
|
| Well how did it perform?
|
| [...]
|
| PCLinuxOS is good, but not good enough. The
| Gnome edition especially needs some sanding
| on the edges, and then some polish on top
| of that. I would recommend the KDE edition
| over the Gnome edition any day, but as far
| as Gnome based distros goes it loses out to
| some really serious competitors, and this
| is reflected in my comparative scoring.
|
| There are many little touches that give me
| hope for the future of PCLOS, help menus,
| auto installer for OpenOffice â little
| things that might just make this the next
| best Gnome distro to arrive. Right now it
| just falls short of Ubuntuâs 3/5 Q-rating.
`----

http://g33q.co.za/2010/06/09/review-pclinuxos-2010-gnome-with-screenshots/

PCLinuxOS 2010.1 KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS 2010.1 KDE4 is a rock solid distro
| - just in my case I had a problem with the
| LiveCD, but not with the installed version -
| which offers a KDE4 DE tailored to newcomers
| and KDE-geeks alike.
`----

http://wamukota.blogspot.com/2010/06/pclinuxos-20101-kde4.html

PCLinuxOS improving its community

,----[ Quote ]
| We have loads of websites, reviews and blogs about how "radically simple"
| PCLinuxOS is.
`----

http://abhay-techzone.blogspot.com/2007/11/pclinuxos-improving-its-community.html

PCLinuxOS - the new Number One distribution

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070917#editorial