[News] [Rival] Linux Far, Far Better and Faster Than Microsoft and Apple Phones

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Linux Far, Far Better and Faster Than Microsoft and Apple Phones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:41:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Android 2.2 demolishes iOS4 in JavaScript benchmarks

,----[ Quote ]
| We compared these findings with that of
| our tests of Apple's mobile Safari browser
| on the iPhone 4. The results show that the
| Android device delivers significantly
| faster JavaScript execution than the
| iPhone, scoring over three times better on
| V8 and almost twice as fast on SunSpider.
| Apple has some work to do it if wants
| mobile Safari to retake the crown as the
| fastest mobile browser.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2010/07/android-22-demolishes-ios4-in-javascript-benchmarks.ars

Android 2.2 Bests iOS 4 in JavaScript performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Ars Technica reports that Google's Android
| OS outclassed iOS in JavaScript
| benchmarking tests.
|
| For the tests, Ars stacked a Nexus One
| running Android 2.2 against an iPhone 4
| running iOS 4. They then put both devices'
| mobile browsers through the SunSpider and
| V8 benchmarks.
`----

http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Online/News/Android-2.2-Bests-iOS-4-in-JavaScript-performance

Android 2.2 (Froyo) vs. iOS4

http://vscompare.blogspot.com/2010/07/android-22-froyo-vs-ios4.html

Microsoft Calling. Anyone There?

,----[ Quote ]
| âMicrosoft is totally off the radar of the
| cool, hip, cutting-edge software
| developers,â said Tim OâReilly, who
| publishes a popular line of software
| development guides.
|
| âAnd they are largely out of the
| consciousness of your average developer.â
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/05/technology/05soft.html

Best Buy Worker Faces Firing Over Viral iPhone vs. Evo Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| What began as an innocent viral joke may
| end up costing one Best Buy worker his
| part-time job. Brian Maupin, of Missouri,
| recently posted two videos making fun of
| iPhone and Evo acolytes, respectively.
| Although neither video made explicit
| reference to his employer, managers at the
| Independence, MO Best Buy decided to
| suspend him from his duties after Maupin
| refused their polite suggestion that he
| quit. As the AP reports, Maupin now risks
| losing his job over a pair of videos that
| have each garnered over 1.6 million and
| 340,000 views, respectively. (Videos
| below, but beware of obscenities.)
`----

http://www.switched.com/2010/07/06/best-buy-worker-faces-firing-over-viral-iphone-vs-evo-videos?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget

Best Buy Droid X Pre-Order Back On

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/08/buy-droid-sales/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+androidguyscom+%28AndroidGuys%29

Over a million new Android phones per week. That's almost as many
Windows boxes that turn to zombies per day.

Related:

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/