[News] Linux-powered Bubba Two Receives Praise, Linux-powered Kindle Evolves

  • Subject: [News] Linux-powered Bubba Two Receives Praise, Linux-powered Kindle Evolves
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 13:45:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Bubba Two WiFi review

,----[Quote  ]
| Verdict: 5/5
| Servers are not the sexiest hardware
| category, but the Bubba Two is truly
| exciting. Itâs everything a home/small-
| business server should be: simple to use,
| easy to maintain and chock-full of
| genuinely useful features. If you are
| looking for a server for your home or
| business network, get Bubba Two.
`----

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/reviews/bubba-two-wifi-review/

Big-screen Kindle gains new screen technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Amazon.com announced an updated version of
| its large-screen. Linux-based Kindle DX e-
| reader, with the price dropped from $489
| to $379. The Kindle DX maintains its 9.7-
| inch screen, but moves to a new E Ink
| technology claimed to offer 50 percent
| better contrast, says the company.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Kindle-DX-revd/

Freer Trade Agreement Between Taiwan and China

,----[ Quote ]
| Mainland China is less so. It will be
| interesting to see how this plays out. I
| expect China will be a huge market for
| netbooks and the lower the price, the
| better so ARM and GNU/Linux should do
| well. If netbooks drop in price, perhaps
| smartphones will too. Demand will increase
| which has the opposite effect but the
| Chinese can rapidly increase the number of
| consumers at lower prices. That is,
| cutting prices can multiply the volume and
| yield larger profits if the cost is less.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/29/freer-trade-agreement-between-taiwan-and-china/

Recent:

Hardware Review: Bubba|Two - Return of the Linux-Based Mini Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2009/03/26/221217.php