[News] Tablets 2.1 With Android/Linux on Sale, Android 3.0 to Put More Focus on Tablets

  • Subject: [News] Tablets 2.1 With Android/Linux on Sale, Android 3.0 to Put More Focus on Tablets
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:21:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Snapdragon-based Android 2.1 tablet goes on sale

,----[ Quote ]
| Expansys UK has begun selling a seven-inch
| WVGA Android 2.1 tablet from Huawei,
| making it one of the first available
| Android tablets. Priced at 300 Pounds
| (about $451) without a memory card or 370
| Pounds ($557) with 32GB, the Huawei S7
| offers a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor,
| 802.11n wireless networking, Bluetooth
| 2.1, and a two-megapixel camera.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Huawei-S7/?kc=rss

Android 3.0: leaked details hint at tablet potential

,----[ Quote ]
| Details are starting to leak about Android
| 3.0, codenamed Gingerbread. We knew from
| an assortment of previous leaks that the
| next major version of the OS was slated
| for Q4 2010. New information that has
| emerged this week indicates the release
| could well be in October and that the new
| version might boost the minimum required
| hardware specifications.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/06/leaked-android-30-details-hint-at-tablet-potential.ars

Linux grows in phones and moves upwards to desktops.

Recent:

Get a sneak peek at MeeGo on Intelâs concept Atom tablet

,----[ Quote ]
| The open-source âmade for mobileâ Linux OS
| gets demoâd on Intelâs Atom-powered
| âRedvaleâ slate, and we think youâll be
| impressed...
`----

http://apcmag.com/Content.aspx?id=5875

Intel's Meego OS Shown on Multitouch Tablet

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/199877/intels_meego_os_shown_on_multitouch_tablet.html