[News] Open Hardware Trend in Printers, TI BeagleBoard

  • Subject: [News] Open Hardware Trend in Printers, TI BeagleBoard
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:33 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

New Report Explains Open-source 3D Printers

,----[ Quote ]
| Castle Island Co. announces the
| availability of the very first report that
| explores and explains in detail all
| aspects of open-source 3D printers.
`----

http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/1/838673/New-Report-Explains-Open-source-3D-Printers

TI taps into open source community for MSP430

,----[ Quote ]
| A LaunchPad Wiki provides multiple
| production-ready open source projects for
| evaluation. TI is using the open-source
| environment is also intended to support
| design and community collaboration.
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/Articles/2010/06/24/48911/ti-taps-into-open-source-community-for-msp430.htm

BeagleBoard open source project gets shot in the ARM

,----[ Quote ]
| BeagleBoard, the ARM-based development
| board from Texas Instruments, has caused a
| stir in the open source community, but it
| might not ever have appeared without the
| intervention of component distributor
| Digi-Key, writes Steve Bush.
|
| "It was developed with a little bit of
| seed funding from TI," BeagleBoard
| software architecture manager Jason
| Kridner told Elctronics Weekly. "In order
| to reach the right price point, we had to
| order 1,000 at a time with a commitment
| for 10,000."
`----

http://www.electronicsweekly.com/blogs/open-source-linux/2010/06/beagleboard-open-source-project-gets-shot-in-the-arm.html