[News] Firefox 4 Makes Early Appearance, Beta

  • Subject: [News] Firefox 4 Makes Early Appearance, Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:36:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Meet Test Pilot in Firefox 4 Beta

http://mozillalabs.com/testpilot/2010/07/01/test-pilot-fx4beta/

Mozilla Firefox 4 Pre Beta 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox has won a legion of users and
| programmers due to security, speed and new
| features. From time to time Mozilla
| release beta versions of their browser.
| These versions are earning the name of
| Minefield, that doesnât have perfect
| stability, factor that makes it true
| Minefield.
`----

http://www.software-latest.com/2010/07/02/mozilla-firefox-4-pre-beta-2.html

Moving Firefox Fourwards

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox finds itself at an interesting
| juncture: not only is Google's Chrome
| managing to gain some serious market
| share, but even Microsoft Internet
| Explorer is starting to fight back â
| although it remains to be seen whether
| that trend is sustained or not. That puts
| a lot of responsibility on the shoulders
| of the forthcoming Firefox 4 and its team:
| Mozilla needs to show that it has not lost
| the initiative, and that it is still in
| the driving seat as far as the browser
| market is concerned.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=3050&blogid=14

Recent:

Firefox Private Browsing Mode, Torbutton, and Fingerprinting

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week, Peter Eckersley and I met with
| the Mozilla team in Mountain view to
| discuss web fingerprinting, privacy and
| Torbutton. I gave an updated version of my
| Torbutton Design talk, and Peter discussed
| Panopticlick. Mozilla was primarily
| interested in hearing about these projects
| in the context of their Private Browsing
| Mode, which they unveiled in Firefox 3.5.
`----

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/firefox-private-browsing-mode-torbutton-and-fingerprinting

Firefox Update Gives Flash 45 Seconds, Then Pulls the Plug

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released Firefox 3.6.6, an
| incremental update which tweaks the way the
| browser handles misbehaving plug-ins,
| giving Flash and other plug-ins 45 seconds
| to respond, or else get shut down
`----

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/06/firefox-update-gives-flash-45-seconds-then-pulls-the-plug/

Hola. Szia. Guten tag. Alo. Student Reps goes global

,----[ Quote ]
| Students around the world love Mozillaâs
| products and embrace our mission. Our 2,100
| student evangelists have a global presence,
| reaching schools in 77 countries around the
| world. To more effectively communicate with
| our student leaders, we are going
| international with our student guide as
| well.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/06/29/student-reps-goes-global/

Firefox Sync Graduates from Mozilla Labs

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/06/01/firefox-sync-graduates-from-mozilla-labs/

Mozilla opens up more on Firefox 4: Content Security, WebGL coming

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Mozilla-opens-up-more-on-Firefox-4-Content-Security-WebGL-coming/1275083058