Re: Linux continues to be safer than windopws

____/ High Plains Thumper on Saturday 03 Jul 2010 19:13 : \____

> Megabyte wrote:
>> Manus den Bruinwerker wrote:
>>> "7" schreef...

reiterates-that-linux-is-safer-than-windows-10017875/

>>> Another silly attempt by "7" - Joseph Michael, to avoid legal
>>> charges. "Micoshat, windopws, Del ,Micoshaft, Micoshaftees"
>>>
>>> But Microsoft Legal and Corporate Affairs has all your private
>>> data, be sure about that!
>>
>> Oh, so what you are telling us is that Microsoft tracks NNTP
>> newsgroups collecting personal information about private individuals
>> that exercise their free speech.  Doesn't that sound like a company
>> to embrace!
>
> I saw the same kind of crap a decade ago from Iomega employees not yet
> embracing their pink slips, who were astroturfing independent Iomega
> Internet forums.  I including others were having problems with their
> hardware, in my case an Iomega Ditto 2GB tape backup unit.
>
> Those seeking answers and relief due to Iomega's poor technical support
> policies toward in-warranty hardware defects were flamed and insulted,
> called liars, accused of trolling, etc. when they asked for help or
> mentioned their dissatisfaction and maltreatment at the system.
>
> When the pink slips came, there were a good number of "deer in the
> headlights look" posts from now disgruntled employees.
>
> It is no different here.  What is interesting is the same trolls that
> have been trolling this Usenet group for the past decade are still
> trolling.  Some of them did the same in the OS2 Usenet groups.  The only
> thing different are their gray hairs, changed nyms and nymshifts to make
> it appear there are more than are really there.
>
> It is all to discourage developers from developing applications for
> other operating systems, keep the masses from embracing anything
> different, keep corporate managements in a false state of fear from
> changing.  IOW, motivated solely by greed.

Microsoft was caught doing this before and it was published in major papers.
Microsoft contracts outside agencies to do this (they work for other clients
too).

http://techrights.org/wiki/index.php/Microsoft_PR_Agencies

- --
		~~ Best of wishes