[News] A Look at the Smooth Transition of Debian GNU/Linux Upgrades

  • Subject: [News] A Look at the Smooth Transition of Debian GNU/Linux Upgrades
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 18:20:12 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Lenny->Squeeze upgrades, apt vs aptitude with the Gnome desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is a short update on my my Debian Lenny-
| >Squeeze upgrade testing. Here is a summary of
| >the difference for Gnome when it is upgraded
| >by apt-get and aptitude. I'm not reporting the
| >status for KDE, because the upgrade crashes
| >when aptitude try because of missing conflicts
| >(#584861 and #585716).
`----

http://people.skolelinux.org/pere/blog/Lenny__Squeeze_upgrades__apt_vs_aptitude_with_the_Gnome_desktop.html

Recent:

Debian Opens "Front Desk" for Derivatives

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/debian-opens-front-desk-derivatives