[News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2010 is Broken, Buggy, Insecure, With Missing Features

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Office 2010 is Broken, Buggy, Insecure, With Missing Features
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:24:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Office 2010 Security Flaw Reportedly Found<

,----[ Quote ]
| Researchers at Vupen Security say they have
| uncovered a security vulnerability in
| Microsoft Office 2010. However, their
| discovery has been met with criticism from
| Microsoft, which complains that it has not
| received technical details of the bug.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Microsoft-Office-2010-Security-Bug-Reportedly-Found-323576/

Get Rid of the Smiley J Problem Caused by Microsoft Office Applications

,----[ Quote ]
| You've seen it before: That strange, cutesy
| "J" that occasionally appears in email and
| seems contextually like it's meant to be a
| smiling emoticon. You may even be sending
| these little "J"s without even knowing it.
| Tech blogger Chris Pirillo explains:
|
|     [F]or some inexplicable reason [In
|     Microsoft Office applications], some
|     brilliant engineer thought it wise to
|     correct ":)" as a smiley rendered in a
|     specific font face when composing rich
|     text documents (and/or HTML email).
|     This is why people think you're crazy
|     for inserting random "J" characters in
|     your emails â they don't have the same
|     fonts installed on their machine!
`----

http://lifehacker.com/5574668/get-rid-of-the-smiley-j-problem-in-microsoft-office-applications

Microsoft Office 2010: What's still missing?

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-office-2010-whats-still-missing/6739

Google Docs Has Microsoft a Bit Worried

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/desktop_mobile/google_docs_has_microsoft_a_bit_worried.html

Recent: