[News] Sabayon Linux in the Headlines, Receives Great Review

  • Subject: [News] Sabayon Linux in the Headlines, Receives Great Review
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 11:27:35 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Learning While Playing for a Better World

,----[ Quote ]
| I canât think of a better way to learn
| something new by playing. Since the âspin
| eraâ has begun with Sabayon Linux by using
| molecule, itâs something new to learn. Joost
| has posted a quick run down of how to do a
| basic spin.   Iâve been messing around with
| this molecule thing and have found that
| adding and subtracting packages is simple
| enough to do.  I do find that specific
| customizations of the user and root accounts
| a bit more complicated.  Iâm still trying to
| figure that one out yet.  Scripting isnât my
| strong point at all.  I understand what it
| needs to do, but assembling a script of
| commands and paths is like writing
| hieroglyphics.  Iâm not sure where the script
| should be placed at in my spec file nor when
| the script should be invoked.
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=390

Spotlight on Linux: Sabayon Linux 5.3

,----[ Quote ]
| This release of Sabayon is proving to be easy, fast,
| and stable. It is available in x86 or 64-bit KDE or
| GNOME versions as well as a CoreCD consisting just of
| the basics. With the included XBMC, Sabayon can easily
| become a home theater center as well. It is also the only
| known live distribution to offer musical accompaniment during
| boot. All the technical aspects aside, the best thing about
| Sabayon is - it's just plain fun and easy to use.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/linux-spotlight-sabayon-linux-53

Recent:

Sabayon Linux 5.3 adds new installer

,----[ Quote ]
| The Sabayon Linux developers have released the
| GNOME and KDE variants of version 5.3 of their
| Linux distribution. Sabayon, named after an
| egg-yolk based dessert, is derived from Gentoo
| Linux and is aimed at providing a "complete
| out-of-the-box experience" while being both
| stable and versatile.
`----

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Sabayon-Linux-5-3-adds-new-installer-1016513.html

Sabayon Linux 5.3 adds Anaconda

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/06/sabayon-linux-53-adds-anaconda.html

Sabayon 5.3 Progress, Get Involved with Testing, Bumps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=382