[News] [Rival] Apple is Still Lying About Its Rubbish, Rubbish, Defective hypePhones

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple is Still Lying About Its Rubbish, Rubbish, Defective hypePhones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 14:39:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Translation From Appleâs Unique Dialect of PR-Speak to English of the âLetter From Apple Regarding iPhone 4â

,----[ Quote ]
| We decided from the outset to set the
| formula for our bars-of-signal strength
| indicator to make the iPhone look good â
| to make it look as if it âgets more barsâ.
| That decision has now bitten us on our
| ass.

AppleCare: The iPhone 4 Update Won't Solve the Antenna Problem

,----[ Quote ]
| AppleCare has confirmed what we already
| knew: The incoming software update won't
| fix the iPhone 4's transmission and
| reception problems. They acknowledged the
| antenna problem exists, offering the same
| solution as before: Buy a case or hold the
| iPhone differently.

People who want something that works just buy Linux.

iPhone vs. Android: Five points of difference

,----[ Quote ]
| The iPhone is as proprietary as Apple can
| possibly make it. If you like what Apple
| wants to give you in the iPhone, you'll
| never notice.
| But, if you want more than what Apple wants
| to offer you, you're out of luck. Take
| Adobe Flash, for example. Adobe would love
| to let you view Flash videos and play Flash
| games on an iPhone, but Apple will have
| nothing to do with Flash. Short of the
| Department of Justice ordering Apple to let
| Flash on iPhones or Adobe suing Apple into
| submission, the only way Flash will show up
| on iPhones, or iPads for that matter, will
| be through technical kludges.
| Android is far more open. If there's an
| Android application out there, even if it's
| not in Google's official Android Market,
| you can download, install, and run it.

Linux Tablets to Be Headed in the Near Future

,----[ Quote ]
| As a matter of fact, word is that some Linux
| tablets are headed our way in the near future
| but they ainât here yet. And while I think
| that Linux tablets will do well, it also
| drives me to expect a lot from them.
| According to Jim Zemlin, the head of the Linux
| Foundation, it is necessary for mobile Linux
| vendors to increase their technical
| investments in order users could benefit Linux
| devices.

Kogan promises a sub-$200, Android based iPad rival

,----[ Quote ]
| Koganâs giving Android another shot with a
| tablet that has HDMI output, 512MB RAM,
| 2GB internal memory and SDHC expansion
| slot, ARM 600-MHz processor, and a 800 x
| 480 capacitive touchscreen. All of this
| wrapped up into a less than $200 package.

Resolved Kogan Promises $200 HD Pad

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been a while since we last checked in
| on Ruslan Kogan, the brains behind the
| just-about-released Kogan Agora Pro.  With
| a launch only a few weeks away, the
| Australian electronics maker pulled their
| Android handset back and quietly went off
| the radar.  So what is Ruslan up to now?
| Bigger, better things!Recently, he was
| found demonstrating a new tablet at the
| MediaConnect Kickstart forum in
| Queensland.

Need a tablet? Android based iLet Mini HAL shipping March 1 for $199

,----[ Quote ]