[News] Proprietary Software Learns to Work Nicely With GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Proprietary Software Learns to Work Nicely With GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 21:45:46 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Earth plays nice with Compiz and Ubuntu 10.10

,----[ Quote ]
| For those of you who follow me on
| Twitter, you may have noticed a bit of
| excitement yesterday as I tested out
| Google Earth on Ubuntu 10.10.
|
| The last time I tried Google Earth on
| Ubuntu was late last year and I remember
| that I couldnât get it working with
| Compiz effects enabled â OpenGL was slow
| and flickered so much it was unusable
| when effects were enabled. When effects
| were disabled, it wasnât much better.
`----

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/google-earth-plays-nice-with-compiz-and-ubuntu-10-10/

Frustrated with Flash taking up obscene system resources even after it's been closed? Here's a simple command for your ~/.bashrc that will kill any running Flash processes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/dor05/frustrated_with_flash_taking_up_obscene_system/

Recent:

Marble provides basic engine for free Google Earth replacement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/143769