[News] Possibility of Forking Java Debated

Is it time to fork Java?

,----[ Quote ]
| This yearâs JavaOne was a dismal affair.
| Crammed into the Hilton hotel and Parc
| 55, the feeling was that Oracle had
| ruined the conference. And the dual
| conference idea also caused Java people
| problems: those that tried to attend the
| key note at Moscone with JavaOne passes
| were turned away â instead needing to go
| to the Hilton ballroom to see it
| televised.
`----

http://gregluck.com/blog/archives/2010/10/is-it-time-to-fork-java/

Time to Fork Java? si vis pacem, para bellum

http://sacha.labourey.com/2010/10/04/time-to-fork-java-si-vis-pacem-para-bellum/

Recent:

Why Java could thrive at Oracle

,----[ Quote ]
| While there is no reason for Oracle to upset
| the Java community at this point, I highly
| doubt the company will continue with certain
| projects that are either direct open-source
| competition, or that require too much
| additional effort to be worth it for Oracle to
| continue.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-10471501-62.html

Java vs. C++: The Performance Showdown