Windows Commits Suicide, Time to Install GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Windows Commits Suicide, Time to Install GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:08:14 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MS advises drastic measures to fight hellish Trojan

,----[ Quote ]
| Think all SaaS providers are the same? Think Again
|
| Microsoft is advising users to reinstall Windows if they happen
| to be unfortunate enough to get hit by a particularly vicious rootkit.
|
| The Popureb Trojan sticks its tendrils so deep into the
| operating system that the best option is to nuke from orbit
| return machines to their original configuration. Any files
| that aren't backed up will be lost in the process.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/28/extreme_rootkit_removal_advice/

If You Have to Reinstall Your OS to Keep Your PC Running, Install GNU/Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| If you have to reinstall the OS of your PC to keep it running,
| consider installing GNU/Linux to stop the foolishness.
|
| âMicrosoft is advising users to reinstall Windows if they
| happen to be unfortunate enough to get hit by a particularly vicious rootkit.â
`----

http://mrpogson.com/2011/06/28/if-you-have-to-reinstall-your-os-to-keep-your-pc-running-install-gnulinux/

When someone's Windows machine gets infected I install Linux for him/her. If your
car breaks repeatedly  down, you don't go buy more of the same brand.