Re: This is getting ridiculous

____/ Kari Laine on Friday 01 Jul 2011 18:47 : \____

> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>
> Hi Roy,
>
> On 07/01/2011 08:32 PM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ Kari Laine on Friday 01 Jul 2011 18:01 : \____

>>> NotDashEscaped: You need GnuPG to verify this message
>>
>>> All the Android manufacturers are paying Microsoft tax...
>>
>> False.
>
> Thanks for setting me right. But I had an impression that Samsung and
> HTC both pay for the tax. And Samsung's market share of Android phones
> is quite big. Maybe someone, somewhere publishes an article where is
> statistics which companies pay and which not. Also would be interesting
> to know how much money MS is making from Android as a parasite. I have a
> dog so I know that sort of parasites like MS...

Comparing ticks to Microsoft is an insult to ticks. They are just trying to survive,
whereas in Microsoft it's an extortion scheme set up to make people like Gates
richer at the expense of _all_ society, by having Linux tax on top of Windows
tax. These are cartels.

>>> Are there any way to get MS disclose those patents which are concerned?
>>> They claim Linux is in breach of some 200 patents. It would be pretty
>>> nice to know what they are. If there is no way to find out, then this is
>>> a glaring example how the patent system is fucked up (I personally think
>>> it is fucked up totally, but let's leave that...)
>>
>>> And I am thinking that Oracle is doing a Java suicide by extorting
>>> Google for Java patents. This is not a message to field to get them
>>> trust to Java platform. Openoffice botched, Java next, MySQL will
>>> follow. SUN hardware not selling much - I just wonder why Larry bought
>>> the SUN in the first place...
>>
>> The case is still ongoing. There are probably over 100 companies selling
>> Android devices. Microsoft maybe gets paid by half a dozen of them.
>>
>> Microsoft only targets tiny companies now, which means it's scared of
>> its patents going into the courtroom.
>>

> The basic question stands - how to get MS divulge a list of patents
> Linux supposedly breaks. I am not a coder so can't help to code round
> them but I will financially support the effort if it starts.

This is why people should ask their congresspeople to haul Microsoft into court,
using the RICO Act. What Microsoft does here is racketeering, plain and simple.
If the laws are not being enforced (against the rich), what good are they?

- --