Re: Microsoft's Former CTO is Attacking the US Industry With Software Patents

____/ Homer on Sunday 24 Jul 2011 22:42 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee that An Old Friend spake thusly:
>> On Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:10:47 +0100, Homer chiseled
>> 7netf8-vue.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx in stone using Trajan:
>
>>> So patent trolls don't actually produce anything. No one else will be
>>> allowed to build anything. No one will be allowed to import anything.
>>>
>>> What will Americans eat? Patents?
>>
>> I'll have mine with onions and Worcestershire sauce, please.
>
> It'll take more than that to make them palatable.
>
>> After eating some and digesting them, they'll be released in a
>> slightly improved form. ;)
>
> Well, if you put it that way...
>
> I think you may have described Apple's production process down to a tee.
>
> . Start with a name and logo you stole from the Beatles
> . Add some technology stolen from Xerox

How true. Even matching hair styles...

> . Catalogue everything you stole, prefixing it with "A method of..."
> . Grease the USPTO with big gobs of cash
> . Remove underwear, squat and squeeze hard
> . Collect turd, and buff to a high sheen
> . Read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
> . Read "Mein Kampf"
> . Read L. Ron Hubbard's "The Way to Happiness"
> . Take drama course

The ACCESS/Apple troll has a degree in drama (his only qualification). He
loved Apple and polluted GNOME. Haven't heard about him since last year,
so I assume the sex shop fallback he had set up is now a focus? Rather
than personal attack blogs?

> . Learn propaganda and neuro-linguistic programming
> . Hold a big conference in San Francisco
> . Give a motivational speech with pseudo-religious overtones, dramatic
>   pauses, and grandiose gestures, ending with "Just one more thing..."
> . Deliver giant turd at insanely extortionate price, to mesmerised crowd
> . Sue everybody on the planet, for violating the "IP" in your underpants

Even Snit did the "IP" propaganda in yesterday's show. They say "IP", not
patents.

> . PROFIT!!!

- From people with more money than sense (or esteem low enough to get a loan
for a specially-branded PC).

>> Seriously, though, the way that prior art gets protection can border
>> on the insane. Take John Cage's copyright on silence:
>> http://goo.gl/HwWvN
>
> [quote]
> A bizarre legal battle over a minute's silence in a recorded song has
> ended with a six-figure out-of-court settlement.
>
> British composer Mike Batt found himself the subject of a plagiarism
> action for including the song, "A One Minute Silence," on an album for
> his classical rock band The Planets.
>
> He was accused of copying it from a work by the late American composer
> John Cage, whose 1952 composition "4'33"" was totally silent.
> [/quote]

I think I can copy that. No prior art?

> There are no words to adequately describe how stupid and insane that is.
>
> If the theory of alternate universes is correct, I sincerely hope I'm in
> the wrong one.

I think one popular theory is that there are an almost infinite number of
universes But our tiny planet Earth hardly counts in any of those..

- --