How to Make KDE Desktop Beautiful Even Without Hardware Acceleration

  • Subject: How to Make KDE Desktop Beautiful Even Without Hardware Acceleration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:02:04 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Apart from all the Composite-enabled beauty and Plasma themes, there is also the following:

KDE System Settings > Appearance > Applications > Configure (Oxygen) > General >
Enable animations, Scrollbars > Colourful, Menu > Subtle

Can Windows do that too? There's lots more like that, but the above is elusive. I only
found it yesterday.

GNU/Linux has the most visually-appealing desktops right now. Apple and Microsoft
might catch up one day.