Linux Market Share in Phones Orders of Magnitude Higher Than Windows

  • Subject: Linux Market Share in Phones Orders of Magnitude Higher Than Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:45:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

FLOSS, A Better Way To DO IT

,----[ Quote ]
| If there ever was evidence that FLOSS is a better way to
| do IT, the smart phone is it:
|
|     * lots of choices for the consumer
|     * Android/Linux (FLOSS OS from Google) shipments at
|     47.1% of the market, up 105% over last year
`----

http://mrpogson.com/2011/09/18/floss-a-better-way-to-do-it/

Ballmer Admits Windows Phone 7 Sales Are Disappointing

,----[ Quote ]
| Two major players are increasingly dominating the smartphone OS market: Apple
| with its iOS-based iPhones and Googleâs army of Android devices. Microsoft
| wants a piece of the smartphone pie as well with Windows Phone 7 (WP7), but so
| far its efforts have fallen way short.
|
| According to AllThingsD, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has stated at the
| Microsoft financial analyst meeting that, "We havenât sold quite as many as I
| would have liked in the first year." Ballmer did insist that the company is
| working hard to make the WP7 platform more appealing â the upcoming âMangoâ
| release will help quite a bit on this front.
`----

http://www.dailytech.com/Ballmer+Admits+Windows+Phone+7+Sales+Are+Disappointing/article22747.htm

Investors fail to bite at Microsoft Wall Street pow-wow

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/15/us-microsoft-analysts-idUSTRE78E0FR20110915