Re: 2 x Thunderbird?

  • Subject: Re: 2 x Thunderbird?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 08:28:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
__/ [David Kennedy] on Friday 02 September 2005 23:26 \__

> Cap'n wrote:
>
>> I like Thunderbird. Both for email and newsgroups. But...it bugs me when
>> I get an email while I'm reading through a newsgroup. I know I can use a
>> different email client (tempted by GyazMail...), but can I have 2
>> instances of Thunderbird running? Or is this just...daft?
>
> Dunno about two instances but you can get two [identical] windows up and
> select mail in one and news in the other.

Yes, you can get 2 instances running, at least based on my personal
experience. You can clone the parent Thunderbird screen, often by
double-clicking objects rather than single-clicking them.

Speaking of which, here is a nice Aqua theme for Thunderbird:

https://addons.mozilla.org/themes/moreinfo.php?id=665&application=thunderbird

I use it in Linux so as to get the illusion that I work on a darn good Mac.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
  8:25am  up 9 days 20:36,  3 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.30, 0.34