Re: Fun Linux facts!

  • Subject: Re: Fun Linux facts!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 02:54:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Wednesday 08 March 2006 01:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann
> <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Wed, 08 Mar 2006 00:52:24 +0100
> <dul6co$k2n$03$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Linønut wrote:
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Do you really think that even 1% of users register with the counter?
>>>
>>> I haven't registered.
>>>

>> I have. But with only one machine
>> Here are actually 4 running. The 5th one is in the making
>
> I should register; I've got 12 of the silly things in various
> stages of disassembly/functioning.

I build them quicker than I manage to remember to modify the counter. I
basically make an effort to saturate these figures, but I cannot urge other
Linux users to do the same. Anybody who goes by an independent site for
Linux statistics should take it with a barrel of salt.

> Of course, everyone knows that Microsoft Sales Counts(tm) are
> 100% accurate too -- especially since many Windows machines out
> there are wiped and Linux installed thereon.
>
> But never mind that; everyone knows Linux can't possibly make
> it on the desktop.
>
> </sarcasm>

That fact in itself should explain why Microsoft forbid certain models from
being sold /without/ Windows. This alludes to a discussion that revolved
around Gateway a few days ago. Microsoft would brag in the face developers,
arguing that Linux users are a mere 1%.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
  2:45am  up 6 days 22:23,  9 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.86, 0.78