Re: [News] Linux Preinstallation is the Key Which Becomes a Reality

On 2006-10-13, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> __/ [ JEDIDIAH ] on Friday 13 October 2006 21:49 \__
>
>> On 2006-10-13, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Desktop Linux Momentum Through Pre-installed PCs
>> [deletia]
>>> Review: Linspire Mini Koobox
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>

>> ...cool. This appears to be just that
>> Aopen knockoff. Still...
>>
>> I will be eyeballing this for my next Myth box...
>
> The price of the Koobox, however, has been easily beaten by many vendor. I
> guess its design and size are a major selling point. You could get a
> MythTV-capable box for about $200, I suspect (if not less).

	The Frys blue light special is more than adequate for MythTV and
it clocks in at a mere $150. However, that's not the point. One typically
wants such a box to fit in easily next to the DVD player and TV. Those
sorts of systems usually aren't $200.

	Those sorts of systems tend to be more like $2000.

--
     Apple: Because a large harddrive is for power users.
	                                                         / | \