[News] Gartner Suggests Ignoring Windows Vista Until 2008

(or moving to a better operating system)

Microsoft Vista: Wait 'til 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Vista is expected to ship early next year, but companies
| shouldn't even think about deploying the new operating system until well
| into 2008, Gartner analyst Michael Silver says.
`----

http://anti-spyware.thesitez.com/2006/10/10/microsoft-vista-wait-til-2008/

Probing the Vista timeline: what's the rush? It's certainly not support

,----[ Quote ]
| It will be five years until Windows Vista begins to displace older
| Windows machines in the mid-size business and enterprise environments,
| according to Wilcox. With 50 percent of businesses reporting that
| Windows 2000 is still in use on the desktop, Microsoft needs toc
| onvince the IT folks that it's smarter to move to Vista than Windows
| XP. How they will do that remains to be seen.

I am aware that I post a lot of references to Windows, but as [H]omer said,
Windows is the problem and Linux is the solution. Prospective Linux users
are those who are repelled by the plethora of problems Microsoft is having.