[News] 12 Years of Windows 95 and So Little Change

  • Subject: [News] 12 Years of Windows 95 and So Little Change
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:53:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Looking Back on Windows 95

,----[ Quote ]
| But the technology has gotten so advanced that “we’ve reached a point where
| it takes us more then the 24 months to consume all the features,” Earley, who
| now works as a Linux engineer for a Microsoft competitor, tells us. That’s
| one of the reasons that people have been slow to upgrade to Microsoft’s new
| Vista operating system. And maybe it causes people to take Microsoft for
| granted.
`----

http://blogs.wsj.com/biztech/2007/08/24/looking-back-on-windows-95/?mod=yahoo_hs

Or maybe it's the state of the O/S. New examples:

http://geekswithblogs.net/jjulian/archive/2007/08/24/114941.aspx

Major bug.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/error-likely-caused-by-windows-

This one is an amazing error message.

And Microsoft's worst fear (apart from Free software):

http://fobii.blogspot.com/2007/08/new-microsoft-keyboard-will-have.html

Here is the state of GNU/Linux:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w