[News] Microsoft's Game to Lose and Microsoft's Game to Cheat

Microsoft's Game to Lose

,----[ Quote ]
| If Vista, over time, fails to meet the market's high expectations,
| a good chunk of last year's gains could evaporate. In other words,
| Vista is now Microsoft's game to lose.
`----

http://online.barrons.com/public/article/SB117046721421997023-6z_ntXi4h4DtYvtFZCp1yIPyOOU_20070305.html?mod=mktw
http://tinyurl.com/2n3otv

Contra-indications for Ecma 376 spec, still not rebutted

,----[ Quote ]
| Ecma 376 is known by various other names including DOCX, MOOX, OOXML,
| EOOXML and MS Office Open XML. The profusion of alternate namings make
| the issue much more difficult to track.
`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/2/4/14314

Related:

Microsoft's Definition of Contradictions and The Art of Rewriting History

,----[ Quote ]
| Those that have been involved in National Bodies worldwide in the
| latest standardization exercise involving  Microsoft OOXML may
| have been puzzled at first, then later amused, that Microsoft
| representatives have chosen to rewrite not only well accepted
| definition of contradiction but also portions of technological
| history.
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2007/02/microsofts_defi.html

How Many Contradictions Can Dance on the Head of a Pin?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070131184453743