[News] GNOME 3 Main Menu Candidate - Preview

Gimmie 0.2.0, the Applet

,----[ Quote ]
| Now people can easily experiment with replacing their existing panel
| launch menu with something a little more interesting. And you can
| still run the standalone (or "totally awesome like the future" as
| some call it) version of Gimmie too, if you want to track th
| progress of development.
`----

http://www.beatniksoftware.com/blog/?p=53

There's also SLE[D|S] GNOME menu and http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/ ,
among more. For KDE:

Tasty Menu

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=41866

Kickoff Start Menu Research - Sneak Preview (Flash animation)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

        http://home.kde.org/~binner/kickoff/sneak_preview.html