Re: [News] Weak Demand for Windows Vista Leads to Revenue Slump

> PC Vendors Face Revenue Slump in 2007
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Some vendors had predicted a spike in sales related to
> | Microsoft's long-delayed release of Vista in January. But
> | that pattern never materialized, with practically no enterprise
> | buyers and only a small number of consumers and small and
> | medium-size businesses (SMBs) rushing out to make delayed
> | PC purchases, Gartner said.
> `----

It is looking very grim indeed for Vista, isn't it?

Even Microsoft's OEM lock-in strategy isn't enough to bail them out this
time, the customer revolt is leaving OEMs little choice but to
capitulate and give them an alternative.

> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130014-pg,1/article.html

That URI doesn't seem to work for me, try this:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130014/article.html

--
K.
http://slated.org - You Can Run, But You Can't Hide.

.----
| "Future archaeologists will be able to identify a 'Vista Upgrade
| Layer' when they go through our landfill sites" - Sian Berry, the
| Green Party.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2300.fc5
 00:12:11 up 1 day, 23:26,  2 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.12, 0.15