Re: [News] [Linux] Gradual Move from People's Windows to Linux Partition

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Linux] Gradual Move from People's Windows to Linux Partition
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 17:59:37 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:ECXP9w4Nrk4dZhOJG0H6xUoJipc=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Why Ubuntu is Better Than Windows
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | At first I thought it would only be a matter of time before I had to
>> | jump to Windows to use some software that would only work on Windows.
>> | Well, that hasn't happened yet. Anything Windows can do Ubuntu can
>> | do quicker, better, and faster.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | Microsoft has a stranglehold on the market and most people just use
>> | Windows because its what they use first and never want to leave it.
>> `----
>>
>> http://mikerouse.blogspot.com/2007/04/why-ubuntu-is-better-than-windows.html
>
> .----
> | When it comes to email I always just used the Gmail interface, so no
> | difference there really. Although, I did give the Evolution
> | application a go. This is Ubuntu's answer to Outlook and it does
> | everything Outlook does only its free.
> `----
>
> Brace for a vast GNU generation of Linux noobs who credit the creation
> of others components to "Ubuntu".
>
> <sigh>

I made this point recently and was jeered off the stage. As usual, I
made a valid point but the COLA gang didn't like it and so, like a pack
of monkeys, discredited it while bouncing around and beating their
chests.

--
And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies."