[News] Teaching Music with GNU/Linux and Teaching GNU/Linux with Music

Music Education With Linux Sound Tools, Redux

,----[ Quote ]
| I still love to teach. I find it hugely gratifying to work with my students,
| particularly when they've prepared for one of our student shows at Coffee
| Amici, a local coffee house that has a regular schedule of concerts with
| nationally-known and local performers. I also still have to work to keep up
| with the new technologies that have the potential to make both the teaching
| and learning processes more efficient, more effective, and more fun. As I
| noted, I expect to make more use of video and other technologies as basic
| components in my instructional arsenal, and of course I expect to do it all
| with Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/music-education-linux-sound-tools-redux

Related:

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]
| Changes to how the latest version of Windows handles audio playback has
| caused unexpected quality issues for musicians and consumers alike, reports
| Tim Anderson
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/31/microsoft.technology

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/05/five-of-best-linux-music-players.html