Re: [News] Update on BECTA and Free Software

> ____/ 7 on Friday 15 August 2008 19:30 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>>> Open source providers included in £80M UK education tender
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open
>> Open-source-providers-included-in-Lb80M-UK-education-tender--/news/111317
>>

>> In short, there was never a reason to exclude them in the first
>> place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

>> So how many other government departments and local councils in UK and EU
>> draped in illegal anti-Linux subversive activities? The topic needs to be
>> investigated and exposed by the FOSS companies themselves with a big
>> public shame list for all to see.
>
> You'd probably need to grease up (bribe) some politicians to have them care
> about this in the first place. Welcome to {Democracy Crisis}^1.
>
> __
> [1] http://lessig.org/blog/2008/07/netroots_nation_keynote.html

It's commonplace.  Apparently, you cannot do an OU maths degree without
paying Bill Gates for the privilege, as you need to run something called
"mathcad", I think.  What's almost worse is that the OU themselves came
up with some collaboration software for their language courses and,
guess what?  It's Windows only.

Looks like you need to pay a Bill Gates tax to get an OU degree in
modern language, too...

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |