Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of August, 2008.

  • Subject: Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 16th of August, 2008.
  • From: "Homer" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 07:41:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
ngstats.pl version 1.30

Written by Roy Culley.
Contributions from Mark Kent.
Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2008.

This report covers 1264 articles received by this system to
newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
Toplist of Posters

 Pos  Poster                                          Msgs   Bytes Quoted
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     379 1336863     4%
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                  117  111017    56%
   3. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                           103  201360    84%
   4. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                 79  243193    59%
   5. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@   74  151872    83%
   6. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                   69   44653    58%
   7. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   53  118655    56%
   8. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                         50   81240    27%
   9. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     47   80985    74%
  10. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          33   31147    56%
  11. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>      31   48641    77%
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>               31  130120    15%
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    31   14915    50%
  14. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>            22   26356    78%
  15. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>           19   24247    51%
  16. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>               17   24779    70%
  17. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     13   15661    52%
  18. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>          11    6195    48%
  19. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>        10   13818    64%
  20. Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>               9   21743    41%
  21. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>       6    7219    73%
      bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                  6    8607    82%
  23. nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxx    5    9041    68%
      Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        5    6823    65%
  25. alt <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4    3289    10%
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                          4    6784    68%
  27. Ramon F Herrera <ramon@xxxxxxxxxxx>                3    1679    65%
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>            3    2185    17%
      Jerry McBride <jmcbride@xxxxxxxxxx>                3    3042    89%
  30. High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@invalid.    2    2228    48%
Toplist of Subjects

 Pos  Subject                                                Msgs   Bytes
   1. [News] Microsoft's Partner Group Says GNU/Linux' D      103  252131
   2. Rival - Vista security - GONE                            88  117733
   3. [News] VMware Has Debt to Free Software                  61  109129
   4. GIMP                                                     60  117943
   5. Olympic Videos not being offered to Linux Users by       47   60829
   6. [News] [Rival] Microsoft CEO Ignorant, Unable to U       41   46363
   7. [News] Chain Successfully Migrates to GNU/Linux in       28   33522
   8. [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombies Emit Well       26   70269
   9. oh, god! I hate vista!                                   25   28367
  10. So XP and Applications are not perfect....               21   29357
  11. Linux nowhere?                                           20   18046
  12. Vista breaks all the rules - Re: Rival - Vista sec       18   31647
  13. I was wrong... Acer Linpus machine..                     15   14855
  14. The cost of cybercrime - Re: [Rival] Microsoft Win       14   32180
  15. [News] Dell Launches GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Short       13   17846
      Microsoft's Partner Group Says GNU/Linux' Desktop        13   23873
  17. Chain Successfully Migrates to GNU/Linux in 30 Bra       12   13878
      Why Vista won't succeed - A view from an experienc       12   21918
  19. [News] Top EPO Figure: Patents Are Moot in Age of        10   24838
      [News] [Rival] "<Vendor> Recommend Vista" is a Big       10   18450
      [News] Why GNU/Linux Beats Mac OS X                      10   12981
      [News] Portugal Conned by Microsoft and Intel to F       10   25310
      [News] Lindependence 2008 Video: Kid Installs GNU/       10   18804
  24. How Microsoft Vandalised (Espionage) to Kill Compe        9   13075
  25. [News] The AstroTurfing Plague is Real                    8   24612
      Will anyone admit?                                        8    9102
      [News] Rumour: Android Linux Phones Could be Out N        8   16405
  28. No, we didn't.                                            7    5365
      Ultra cute Maplin Linux Minibook                          7    3901
      Interesting...                                            7    5271
Toplist of Most Replied To Posters

 Pos  Poster                                                         Msgs
   1. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                71
   2. Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  57
   3. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     54
   4. Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      51
   5. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        40
   6. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     31
   7. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         27
   8. The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         26
   9. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    17
  10. thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  15
      chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   15
  12. JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    13
  13. Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              12
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              12
  15. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           10
  16. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                          9
  17. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                           7
  18. Gregory Shearman <ZekeGregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                       5
  19. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                      4
      7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                        4
      William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                            4
  22. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                 3
      Kelsey Bjarnason <kbjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>                           3
      nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         3
      Rockinghorse Winner <rockinghorse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                   3
      ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxx>                                         3
  27. Darth Chaos <DarthChaosofRSPW@xxxxxxxxx>                          2
      Tony Sivori <TonySivori@xxxxxxxxx>                                2
      none of your buisiness <none@xxxxxxxx>                            2
      SomeBloke <stuff@xxxxxxxxx>                                       2
Toplist of 'Quality' Posters [2]

 Pos  Poster                                                        Index
   1. Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                    155
   2. Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx>                                           76
      Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>                              76
   4. bbgruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                    75
      Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  75
   6. Homer <usenet@xxxxxxxxxx>                                        70
   7. chrisv <chrisv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                   66
      thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>                                  66
      Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>                             66
      The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>         66
  11. Sinister Midget <fardblossom@xxxxxxxxx>                          65
  12. Andrew Halliwell <spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         63
  13. AZ Nomad <aznomad.3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                         62
  14. Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                61
  15. 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                       60
      Phil Da Lick! <phil_the_lickREMOVETHISSPAMTRAP@xxxxxxxxxxx>      60
  17. William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                           58
      Matt <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                              58
      JEDIDIAH <jedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>                                    58
  20. Tom Shelton <tom_shelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>                     57
  21. bugbuster <bugbuster@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                55
  22. Peter Köhlmann <Peter.Koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>                     50
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           449
   2. slrn                                                            308
   3. Pan                                                             214
   4. Thunderbird                                                     151
   5. G2/1.0                                                           45
   6. Forte Agent                                                      26
   7. tin                                                              11
   8. Microsoft Windows Mail                                            2
   9. Mozilla                                                           1
      Tandy Colour Computer 2/MickeyTerm Ver. 2.0                       1
      Gnus                                                              1
      MT-NewsWatcher                                                    1
      COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
[1]: Certain off-charter, abusive, anti-Linux or pro-Microsoft
     threads will be dropped, depending on their severity, and
     hence not included in the stats, which are provided by me
     as a measure of advocacy, not as a means of spreading the
     Trolls' lies and malice even further.
[2]: The poster 'quality' stats is based on:
       a) quoting: 100 - %'age quoted
       b) cross-posting: 100 - %'age cross-posted
       c) number of direct followups posters articles get
       d) troll feeding: 100 - 2.0 * %'age troll followups
       e) 75 deducted for known trolls
       f) for the humour impaired the quotes around 'quality'
          are intended to convey they are not to be taken too
          seriously :-)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| By bucking Microsoft for open source, says Gunderloy, "I'm no
| longer contributing to the eventual death of programming."
| ~ http://www.linux.com/feature/142083

 07:40:59 up  4:54,  1 user,  load average: 0.62, 0.21, 0.06