Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Windows Zombies Emit Well Over 100,000,000,000 SPAM Per Day

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/03/17/bots-rule-cyberspace

> But just the other day you posted:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Given that the company reports there being an average of 10 million
>>> botnet 'zombies' active on any one day in the second quarter of
>>> 2008,
>
> So which is it Spamowitz?  Is it 10 million, or is it 320 million?

Both. Of all Wincrap computers worldwide, an estimated 50% are infected
zombies, awaiting their respective botnet herder's commands. A small
precentage of these are actively sending out spam and viruses at any one
time, while the rest is kept dormant. That way, spammers ensure that they
can keep on spamming and infecting other Wincrap machines tomorrow as if
nothing happened, even if all active spambots are identified and taken out
of commission today. Continuity is the goal, and using only the smallest
necessary force to reach it is their best strategy.

Simple math, but I guess it's beyond your comprehension anyway.

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl