[News] Interview with Lead Dev of Ubuntu; Shuttlworth and the Desktop

Lead-developer of Ubuntu Desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Introducing Ubuntu Linux
|
| Who are you and what do you do?
|
| My name's Scott James Remnant and I'm the leader of the Ubuntu Desktop Team,
| the development team that concentrates on the desktop edition of Ubuntu which
| is the version most people are familiar with.
|
| I was one of the original groups of developers hired by Mark, based on my
| work with the Debian project; at the time, I was maintaining dpkg, GNU
| libtool and pkg-config.
`----

http://www.hardware.no/artikler/scott_james_remnant_english/54571/2

Shuttleworth and Ubuntu keep moving on up

,----[ Quote ]
| Ten years from now, if Linux has managed to gain something like 10 per cent
| or more of the desktop market and continues to maintain its lead in the
| server market, one person would have to take a goodly share of the credit -
| Mark Shuttleworth.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/20049/1090/

Presenters and Topic Ideas Needed for Ubuntu Developer Week

,----[ Quote ]
| In a post on Ubuntu Planet, organizer James Westby says he's "particularly
| keen" on seeing sessions on Java this time around. Any topic can be
| requested, however, or you can simply vote up ones that have already been
| suggested.
`----

http://ostatic.com/170864-blog/presenters-and-topic-ideas-needed-for-ubuntu-developer-week

Recent:

IBM gets hip with 'cool' Ubuntu PC deal

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu is, according to the suits at IBM, "a Linux operating system that
| scores high marks on usability and 'the cool factor.'"
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/05/ubuntu_ibm_linux_distros/

Ubuntu attracts the lion's share of LinuxWorld's smaller crowds

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Ubuntu_attracts_the_lions_share_of_LinuxWorlds_smaller_crowds/1218146689
http://tinyurl.com/6y8l6s