Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Man in Sweater Lies and Insults the Chinese People

____/ The Ghost In The Machine on Thursday 14 August 2008 16:38 : \____

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10016271-92.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/biztech/08/12/microsoft.anniversary.ap/index.html?eref=rss_tech

> A good start, though the real problem I have with software
> is the information search problem.
>
> Briefly put: I have an idea for an algorithm (as an
> example, GIF/LZW encoding).  How do I find the supplier
> therefor, or register myself as a supplier if none
> yet exists?  That was presumably the problem UDDI was
> supposed to solve at one point, and such a commercial
> automated solution would help the USPTO an awful lot when
> searching for patents.  It might also slow innovation to a
> bit of a crawl, of course, and the devil's in the details
> (my GIF encoding, for instance, was written in Perl).
>
> The FLOSS naming conventions, which verge on the whimsical,
> don't help -- though they do make things easy to find with
> a search engine, if one happens to know the name.
>
> As for "privacy"...I'll admit I have no idea what the term
> precisely means, anymore, in this electronic age.

"Windows 2000 already contains features such as the human discipline component,
where the PC can send an electric shock through the keyboard if the human does
something that does not please Windows."

                                --Bill Gates

> [rest snipped for brevity]

Is that why Vista sucks up so much energy?

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit