[News] Chandler 1.0 Released, OpenOffice.org Primer

Chandler 1.0, the open source PIM

,----[ Quote ]
| If that leaves you only fractionally less in the dark, here's some
| background: Chandler is a cross-platform, open source Personal Information
| Manager (PIM), and project of the Open Source Applications Foundation. The
| vision behind Chandler and the OSAF is that of Mitch Kapoor, designer of the
| original "killer app" for the PC generation, Lotus 1-2-3.
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/08/12/chandler-1-0-the-open-source-pim/

Make OpenOffice Work For You : Starting Out

,----[ Quote ]
| We’ve talked up OpenOffice before in other articles, but the software is
| worth a closer look since more and more companies are beginning to dole it
| out toe employees. OpenOffice is much more than a simple alternative to
| Microsoft Office. This administrative tool includes word processing,
| spreadsheets, a multimedia presentation program, a drawing tool, a database
| manager and a math program. Whew! Here, we’ll show you some simple tips and
| tricks so that you can use OpenOffice in the easiest and most efficient way
| possible. All the information that we’ve included works just as well on
| OpenOffice 2 as it does on the new beta 3 version. It’s straightforward and
| easy — we promise.
`----

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/16-OpenOffice-tips.html

Recent:

Lightning 0.8 and Sunbird 0.8 are out!

,----[ Quote ]
| I am happy to report, that the 0.8 release of Lightning and Sunbird has been
| completed and is now available via AMO and the Calendar Project website.
`----

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar/2008/04/lightning_08_and_sunbird_08_ar.html

Related:

Latest Mozilla Sunbird is a well-connected calendar

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118068