Re: [News] Tim Bray Slams Microsoft Olympic Stunt (Lock-in)

All this bitching about the Olympics online reminds me of a dog I had
once.  If you tossed him a bit of meat from the table, and a green bean
or carrot accidently happened to come with the meat, he'd eat the meat,
and leave the vegetable on the floor.  You could point at it and say
"eat the carrot, boy!  eat the carrot!", and he'd look at you like you
were some kind of idiot, since he's a dog--he eats meat.

But as soon as you'd actually try to take that vegetable away, he'd
growl at you, and grab it, and eat it.

I wonder how many of these people complaining actually are interested in
watching the Olympics online?  In all the complaints I've seen so far,
it is notable that not one of them has mentioned trying to view the
videos using Moonlight.  Does it work?  If not, is it a problem with
Moonlight, or missing codecs, or poor site coding by NBC?

PS: you can watch the Olympics live on Linux:

   <http://digg.com/linux_unix/How_to_Watch_Olympics_Live_under_Linux>

--
--Tim Smith