[News] Winner KDE Applications: Amarok, KdenLive

Best Application EVAR!

,----[ Quote ]
| so the very kind folks who won the Akademy awards last year ( sebastian
| trueg, matthias kretz, danny allen ) decided to go ahead and award Amarok
| with the Best Application award! we are obviously very excited and very
| pleased to win this award, and want to (tearfully) thank all those users who
| have been with us through the long dark (teatime of the soul) times of Amarok
| 1.x.... wait, we never had those. nevermind.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/774-Best-Application-EVAR!.html

Video Editing in Linux: Kino v Open Movie v KdenLive

,----[ Quote ]
| Out of the 3 programs previewed, I liked Kdenlive the best, but not having
| the Title show up was a real bummer. Kdenlive could eventually become my
| editor of choice by the time it gets to 1.0 status. The trick is going to be
| to keep the development moving and thus keep my interest alive. This type of
| progression is what has helped Linux reach critical mass as desktop choice.
`----

http://desktoplinux.wordpress.com/2008/08/10/video-editing-in-linux-kino-v-open-movie-v-kdenlive/

Recent:

Amarok 2: Visual Changelog

,----[ Quote ]
| Amarok multimedia player is one of the best programs of its kind not only for
| Linux but for any operating system nowadays. It has been created as a KDE
| component. Most people hoped to have Amarok 2.0 included in KDE 4.0, which
| hasn’t happened. It’s hard to predict if it finds its way into KDE 4.1
| stable, but it’s still worth taking a look at the current progress of this
| great multimedia player
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/amarok-2-visual-changelog/

Malina - First alpha release of Amarok 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/en/node/523