Re: Proposal: What if We Started Flagging Non-SPAM Threads (Posts)?

"John Bokma" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :
> Spam goes away by reporting it. I've given up, more or
> less on that. The plan for spam seems still to be to filter it out,
> despite years and years of proof that filtering *does not work*

*everyone* has given up on reporting it - and the people you report it to
have largely given up, too.

Filtering is not 100%, but considering the huge volumes of spam, it really
isn't bad.
Certainly better than doing nothing!

Just consider: Google's gmail has probably the best email filters around; if
I get ONE spam per day in my inbox, I'm surprised, and very occasionally (I
assume when a new tick is developed), I get a handful per day for a week.

Often I get none at all.

Just consider: Google's Groups is the source of much usenet spam. I don't
use it at all for usenet, so I don't know if they have filters for incoming
spam ... but they sure as hell don't for outgoing.

Go figure!
--

Andrew
http://www.seo2seo.com/

The video that makes YouTube worthwhile:
Charlie The Unicorn - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5im0Ssyyus