Vista-Beta-Windows-7-Beta ?

  • Subject: Vista-Beta-Windows-7-Beta ?
  • From: Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 10:57:11 +1100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

What a con.

If a FLOSS author writes a brand new program, he/she gives its a 'alpha'
designation. Later when it's more stable, it may go to beta, then a non
beta release number.

Along comes Microsoft and gives a 1996 release of Windows Vista a 'polish'
and calls it Windows 7 beta!

Talk about a con. It's *JUST* Vista, with most of the problems of Vista, and
most of the lack of hardware support of Vista etc.

So are Microsoft saying that Vista never achieved release status and is
still in beta or what ?

I think Microsoft should have gone for the shiny ultra new gambit and called
Windows7beta "pre-pre-pre-pre-uber-cool-blingy-winders-7-alpha-alpha-alpha"

At least Erik Funkentroll would have been impressed ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008