[News] ARM Makes Linux Computers; $100 GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Debut

ARM Powered Pocket Size Linux PC With GPS & GPRS

,----[ Quote ]
| Round Solutions has rolled out the AarLogic C10/3, a breadboard which
| contains a complete Linux PC on a surface of just 104mm x 63mm.
|
| Despite its small surface area – approximately size of a matchbox – its
| 160-pin socket provides a wide array of connectivity options. Aside from
| keyboards, digital cameras and reading devices, this also includes WLAN,
| Bluetooth and GPS components, the company said.
`----

http://www.arm.com/iqonline/news/marketnews/24063.html

The real (sort of) $100 laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| Once upon a time, we were all excited about the $100 laptop, Nicholas
| Negroponte's OLPC (One Laptop per Child). While the OLPC did eventually see
| the light of day, it never did make the $100 price. Instead, OLPCs retail for
| about $200. Dell, however, will sell you an Inspiron Mini 9 netbook for only
| $99.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_real_sort_of_100_laptop

Recent:

Rival lays challenge to Intel over netbooks

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr Jacobs said Snap-dragon-powered devices would run a Linux open-source
| operating system rather than Microsoft Windows XP, which powers most
| Intel-based netbooks.
|
| However, he acknowledged that Qualcomm and its partners would have to ensure
| that Snapdragon/Linux-based netbooks were easy to use.
|
| "We are spending a lot of effort making sure that the Linux experience is a
| very good one," he said.
`----

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a23384e6-e04a-11dd-9ee9-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

$98 Linux Laptop - The HiVision miniNote

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://techvideoblog.com/ifa/98-linux-laptop-the-hivision-mininote/