Re: the Netware Microsoft relationship ..

After takin' a swig o' grog, Sermo Malifer belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> Doug Mentohl wrote:
>> To: Jan Newman
>> From: Bob Ross
>> Date: 8/17/93
>>
>> RE: The Novell/Microsoft Relationship with regards to the developement
>> of a NetWare Client for Windows NT ..
>>
>> When we received the build, we recompiled our code and found that it
>> would not work. We found that some changes were made to the redirector
>> interfaces and the structure and that significant changes were made to
>> to TDI interface. We had to discover each of the changes for our selves
>> and then call Microsoft and point out where it had changed in order to
>> receive each of the pieces of information from them .. This process tool
>> a great deal of time. We lost almost 2 months of development time on the
>> FCS release from this ..
>>
>> Build 473 did not arrive when promised, but rather came to us about 3
>> weeks late (and 1 week after the production disk went to developers from
>> Microsoft). The promised documentation that would explain what had been
>> changed in this build consisted of a list of E-Mail messages between
>> Microsoft engineers ..
>>
>> Monday July 26, 1993 Microsoft went to manufacturing with the golden
>> version of Windows NT .. We were told that our copy should arrive no
>> later than Thursday 7/29
>>
>> Friday July 30, 1993
>> Microsoft said that our developer copy had just gone out.
>>
>> Tuesday August 3, 1993
>> We received our copy today, more than a week after it had been sent to
>> customers. Microsoft told us that the delay was because the development
>> code .. no longer fit on a single CD-ROM disk and it took them more time
>> to work out compressing it ...
>>
>> comes v Microsoft
>> http://iowa.gotthefacts.org/011607/7000/PX07689.pdf
>
> Why are you posting this ancient stuff?    Wasn't posting the link to it
> enough?

Why are you dogging Doug on it?  It's interesting stuff.  Many people won't
follow links, but they should know about Microsoft's deliberate and harmful
ass-dragging, which continues to this day.

--
For reservations, call your travel agent.