[News] New Win for Open Source Video Platform; FreeSWITCH Release

Footbo Selects Kaltura's Open Source Video Platform for Full Management of Its
Rich-Media Content

,----[ Quote ]
| Footbo, the leading football (soccer) social network, announced today that it
| has selected Kaltura, Inc. (http://www.kaltura.com), developer of the first
| open source video platform for video management, creation, interaction, and
| collaboration, for full management of the site's rich-media content, and for
| supporting interactive rich media capabilities for its users to upload and
| comment on video content.
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28521462/

Open Source Telephone Software (FreeSWITCH) Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to 2009! With the new year comes a brand new release of FreeSWITCH.
| We are pleased to announce that version 1.0.2 is now available. It has been
| more than five months since the last official release, but the development
| team and community have been very busy during that time. We'll first look at
| the new offerings in 1.0.2 and then we'll break out the sunglasses and look
| at the bright future of FreeSWITCH.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11108.html

Recent:

Open Source Voice Over IP That Surpasses CD Quality

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeSWITCH Has added support for the CELT codec which makes Voice Over IP
| possible at 48khz which is higher than CD quality (44.1khz).
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/11087.html

Related:

FreeSWITCH, a Second-Generation Open-Source Communications Platform

,----[ Quote ]
| FreeSWITCH comes in two forms: a tarball containing just FreeSWITCH, and
| triXswitch, a bundle that includes FreeSWITCH, CentOS Linux, and WikiPBX,
| which is a sleek Web GUI control panel. triXswitch is the friendliest way to
| get acquainted with FreeSWITCH.
|
| [...]
|
| At any rate, I predict that FreeSWITCH is here to stay, so watch this space
| for some how-tos and interesting FreeSWITCH news.
`----

http://www.voipplanet.com/trends/article.php/3740621

Open Source Soft-Switch FreeSWITCH 1.0 Release Candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10484.html