Re: feeture FUD ..

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Doug Mentohl on Monday :
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

What can I say, if some other image editor surpasses GIMP
in terms of features   ..

Doesn't have CMYK color encoding feeture .. happy now
fuddie :]

They'll find new FUD. It's like "doesn't do LightScribe" in
Linux. Outdated FUD...

Oh, before Christmas I downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 LTS CD and Linpus latest DVD, burned them using K3b, downloaded Ubuntu graphic, made a custom one for Linpus. Then lightscribed in Linux using L4-gui.

Gimp does everything that my Ulead PhotoImpact 4.3 did and more.

It took a little getting used to, but then even in Windows, different software manufacturers design their GUI's differently.

What was really unwelcomed was Microsoft's Word 2007 and Excel 2007 changes over their 2003 versions. Fisher Price big icons, ugh. Having to search where basic functions were now buried.

Office 2007 boosts new XML file format, which breaks compatibility with other software importers, rendering incompatibility again, requiring save-as to the older format.

Yes, I think the supposed upgrade charades for enhanced sole source stock market performance gains by users shelling out more quid for basically the same is plainly insane.

OpenOffice and commercial variant StarOffice are all that one needs. They are definitely more product than Works.

--
HPT