Re: [News] Schools Don't Teach Computers... Because of Microsoft

Hadron wrote:

> Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Typical infantile Spamowitz subject line.
>>
>> The simple fact is that schools teach how to use particular products
>> instead of teaching the logic on which these products are based.
>
> That is not a simple fact and you are talking through your arse.

Once again you are talking out your arse. I have seen the local curriculum
for high schools and it is all about teaching children to enter data and
create graphs with Excel, write documents with Word, create presentations
with Powerpoint and write web pages with Frontpage. Even the Advanced
Programming subject only teaches creating a simple application wit Visual
Basic. Computing is considered an unimportant subject and is given the
commensurate resources. The use of free alternatives is strongly resisted
by the Education Department.

Do tell, what are they teaching at your local high schools. If you are in
deed in Germany then I know that the teaching is rather more generic. I
however doubt that you are in Germany.

> Some vocational colleges give courses in MS Excel for example. But the
> vast majority of schools teach Computer Science.
>
> Why you are lieing and talking blatant nonsense is anyones guess.

Before you start hurling you lying comments about, you should find out what
you are talking about.

>> The problem is
>> that the teaching staff, like many others, cannot separate computing from
>> Microsoft products. This however does not excuse the behaviour,
>> because it
>
> Who the hell do you think you are? You write off all teachers and
> lecturers with a single blow.

The teachers have to teach what the Department of Education tells them to
teach. This is the weak point in the system. I know of some teachers who
are not happy with the situation, but they have no choice. The majority
however have had no exposure to alternatives to the Windows and Mac.

>> makes the falicious assumption that there will never be alternatives,
>> which are superior, or that these products will always remain the same.
>
> You clearly think you are superior. I never heard so much  babble.

Then you must think that you are clearly inferior. I just see things as they
are and the effects of current paths. If you can't see these things, then
you have no chance of catching problems early.

>> But then again, why bother listening to the truth, when you can continue
>> to live in your Microsoft marketing generated virtual world.
>>
>> Ian
>>

> You've become quite insane.

There you are, running off at the mouth again, as it is easier to throw
abuse than to counter the argument.

Ian