[News] A Look Back at the History of GNU/Linux, New Quiz

CA investigates: Open-source software

,----[ Quote ]
| The combination of Torvalds’ kernel with the software
| already available from the GNU Project, resulted in Linux;
| a complete operating system that anyone could use and
| modify. There are now all kinds of variations (called
| distributions) that have been created by companies or for
| specific purposes.
`----

http://www.whatpc.co.uk/computeractive/features/2233167/open-source-software-true-4210038

Quiz: Australia's contribution to Linux and open source

,----[ Quote ]
| With linux.conf.au to take place in Hobart from January 19,
| we have decided to test your brains on some of the past
| events and key players in Australia's open source
| community.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/271884/quiz_australia_contribution_linux_open_source?rid=-219

Related:

Linux to help the Library of Congress save American history

,----[ Quote ]