[News] LinCity-NG Serves GNU/Linux Users, More Twitter Clients for GNU/Linux

Freebie LinCity-NG Builds on Classic City Sims

,----[ Quote ]
| When I first downloaded LinCity-NG (free), I figured it was a simple clone of
| an older version of SimCity, primarily aimed at the *nix market. As it turns
| out, it's more like a first cousin once removed, but that's not entirely a
| bad thing.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/reviews/2009/071709-freebie-lincity-ng-builds-on-classic.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

7 of the Best Free Linux Twitter Clients

,----[ Quote ]
| Micro-blogging is all the rage these days. It is a webservice which allows
| the subscriber to send short text updates or micromedia such as photos or
| audio clips and publish them, either to be viewed by anyone or by a
| restricted group which can be chosen by the user. Subscribers can read
| microblog posts online or request that updates be delivered in real time to
| their desktop as an instant message or sent to a mobile device as an SMS text
| message.
|
| With micro-blogging, posts are brief (typically 140 – 200 characters) and can
| be written or received with a variety of computing devices.
`----

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20090718060703717/Twitter.html

Recent:

Small Universe: LinCity-NG 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Lincity-NG (the NG means Next Generation) is a graphical and game-oriented
| city planning simulation, now updated in version 2.0, that not only includes
| graphic enhancements but provides entire ecosystem simulation.
|
| Improvements went into water simulation and landscape elements, such as
| grass, trees and desert areas, which are rendered more realistically.
| Elements include various types of bridges (including for railroads), street
| surfaces and fountains. Life near tainted industrial areas isn't depicted as
| particularly pleasant, although parks help in reducing the damage.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/online/news/small_universe_lincity_ng_2_0

Micropolis Downloads

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the binary and source code for Micropolis (A.K.A. "S*mC*ty": see the
| GPL License and additional terms, below), which is released under the GPL.
`----

http://www.donhopkins.com/home/micropolis/

EA Donates SimCity To One Laptop Per Child

`----

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=16162